Monday, February 18, 2008

Only in our house
















Okay, between my kids and our animals, I'm convinced that someone has it out for us. Either that, or God has an interesting sense of humor. I can't tell you how many times I've been told by some medical professional, "I've never seen this before," or "I was telling another parent about your son/daughter because it is so ususual." Anyway, today it was the vet, who said, "I've been practicing for 30 years, and I've never actually seen this in a cat . . ."
Apparently, our newest adopted cat, who came from Nana's house when we had to take Smokey out there in December (don't ask, long story, involves poop in various places, but apparently we must trade kitty for kitty, according to Logan), a cute little black and white tuxedo kitten named Daisy, has some growths on her belly. Big ones. Scary ones. Bad enough that I have been preparing the kids for the worst.
So, I took her to the vet today. He was surprised at the size of the growths when he picked her up. However, from the history I gave, he decided that she was having a false pregnancy. Long story short, her body thinks she's pregnant and producing hormones, but she really isn't. The great thing was that the cure is to spay her, which we were planning to do anyway. So she's getting "fixed" tomorrow.
Big, huge, sigh of relief. I really didn't want to have to put her to sleep, or have kitty chemo for kitty breast cancer. Yeesh.
Only in our house . . .

1 comments:

Duaine

You're just payin' for your raisin'....