Sunday, October 26, 2008

Birthday Boy

I've never been a big "birthday party" person. To be honest, I'd rather spend my money on stuff for my kid than spend it all on some party at a nameless pizza place with rip-off video games and bad food. I've been pretty good at convincing my kids of the same. Lately, the thing to do for birthdays at our house is to:
1) have a few friends over, watch movies, eat pizza and cake, play video games, and have a sleep-over,
or
2) have a few friends over, go to the movie, out to eat, and take them all home.

Ryan elected to have party #1 a few weeks ago for his 12th birthday. Yes, believe it or not, I'm old enough to have a 12-year-old.

Don't they look like they're having fun? More fun than at some humongous party at Main Event? I think so. Well, some of them do.

Anyway, we had 5 boys over on a Friday night, and along with our two boys and two girlies, ate lots of pizza, blew out the candles and opened presents. I think Ryan was pleased. What do you think?


We love the Cowboys.

0 comments: