Saturday, January 19, 2008

Creepy Crawlies

Most of you who know me know that I don't do bugs. At all. So when my sweet daughter complained of itching on her head last week while I was brushing her hair for school, I starting looking a little closer. You guessed it, lice.
After keeping both girls home from school for a "beauty shop" day of treating with special shampoo and endless combing, not to mention the endless laundry that accompanies such a diagnosis . . . we're officially lice-free. Thankfully, no one else appears to have gotten it in our house, although I'm not sure how. I guess it is sort of a rite-of-passage for kids, especially those with long hair, and I know there are others in her class who have had it this year. I just hope we're able to avoid it from now on. Yuck. Makes your head itch, doesn't it?

0 comments: