Friday, August 1, 2008

At our house lately . . .

. . . our Dad has a new (used) car, we're all really excited. It's a Honda Pilot, and it has a TV/DVD player, so the kids think we're really big-time now.

. . . my job is great. I'm still in orientation, which just means that I work the same as I always will, but I have an experienced RN watching over me, there to help whenever I need it, and teaching me about procedures, paperwork, and other tricks of the trade. I will move to nights the middle of August, so that will be different, but I'm looking forward to it. I think Nana's getting tired of being the go-to babysitter for all these long summer days (and Ashley, too!), but we really appreciate it. Thanks, guys.

. . . the girls are playing indoor soccer and having a fabulous time. They have several friends on their team, and they love playing. It's been a fun way to get some practice before the fall season starts. Logan is playing with a team his age, and both boys earned spots on a select team here in town. They started practicing this week, and we've been very pleased with the organization, coach, etc. It will require some travelling, but we're looking forward to this new adventure.

. . . our house is a mess, but I've been working 12-hour shifts at least four days a week for the past month (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it). Anyway, my goal for the weekend is to catch up the laundry and CLEAN the house (and the pool, it's gross). Only thing is, I have to work it in between soccer on Sat, soccer on Sun, and a soccer party on Sun night. Any bets on if it'll all get done? Oh, and I REALLY need to go buy groceries. Almost had a knock-down, drag-out over the last Diet Coke last night. Not pretty.

. . . my kids crack me up. The girls have taken a new interest in their appearance - namely, their hair. They've decided maybe it is important to fix it everyday. Themselves. Yea. Logan has begun to refer to himself in the third person - speaking of himself, "Logan just hurt himself" or "Logan wants chocolate milk to drink." Go figure. Ryan thought our trip with a friend to the country club to swim was pretty darn swell. Rightly so. Super cool pool and grounds, and a waiter to bring us whatever we wanted. Ryan says, "we should do this EVERY Wednesday!" Wed. happens to be "free guest day" for our friends, the club members (thanks EW!). It was, in fact, very cool. We had a blast.

. . . we're counting down the days 'til school starts. 24 days left. Middle school for Ryan - sixth grade. Logan will be in fifth, the girls in second. Can't believe it.

2 comments:

Ashley

i think it's time to start interviewing house cleaners! fo real!

EHW

Hey... tell Ryan that we got a few coupons for August that are "free guest" coupons at the pool for ANY day... so, we can pick whatever day ya'll want this coming week!

Funny about the girls taking an interest in fixing their hair by themselves lately... BMW has reverted to not wanting to fix hers (or even brush it) - and, if she goes out in public, she asks ME to brush it (haven't had to do that for at least a year)... maybe it's a symptom of a new baby sister in the house???

Glad you like your job... I know you're great at it!

And, I agree with Ashley on the house cleaner... YOU deserve it!!! ew