Thursday, March 20, 2008

Yippee!


I have a job!

A real, bona-fide RN position! The department I currently work in doesn't have a lot of turnover, and the nurse manager told me a few weeks ago that it could be August before she had a position available. Well, what do you know? Last week she called to tell me she wanted to interview me, and I was hired this week for a full-time position, beginning in June. I'll be taking care of high-risk pregnant women with complications such as high blood pressure, gestational diabetes, and multiples (twin, triplets, and more), which is what I do now as a Nurse Tech - just more responsibility (and more $$). I'm so excited. The hospital gives a great "incentive" package, with sign-on bonuses, etc, so we're all excited about that. I'm going to work nights, which is what I wanted, so that will take some getting used to, but I can't wait.

Now I just have to finish school and pass state boards . . . ugh. I think I can see the light, though.

2 comments:

Duaine

Congratulations!!!! You'll make a great nurse.

Lee

Congratulations! Good luck with nights.